FESTIVAL TEACHER PROPOSAL INSTRUCTIONS
GUIDELINES FOR CLASS/LECTURE/FORUM/SAMPLER PROPOSALS
INTERNATIONAL QUILT FESTIVAL 2023/HOUSTON
Greetings to all teachers,
If you were part of our 2023 faculty, we thank you for another great year! We’re already looking forward to celebrating our 50th Anniversary of the International Quilt Festival/Houston in 2024 and receiving your teaching proposal information.
DATES TO REMEMBER:
International Quilt Festival Houston: October 31 – November 3, 2024
Classes begin October 28, 2024. We are asking for the following proposals:
- Open Studios™, Thursday-Saturday, 10 am-6 pm and Sunday,10 am-2 pm
Proposal Deadline is January 12, 2024 (does not include Open Studios™)
We will once again be using Formstack to collect your proposal information for International Quilt Festival/Houston 2024.
Within the link below you will find everything necessary to submit proposals to teach at the show. Please do not skip any portion as it is all equally important for you to have a complete understanding of dates, policies, deadlines, supplies, and financial arrangements.
Each type of event requires a different proposal form. Please gather necessary information before beginning so that you may submit complete proposals. Note that all teachers’ headshot photos will be cropped to a square size, 500px X 500px at 72dpi; and all class photos 250px x 250px at 72 dpi in order to fit our online catalog specs. Please keep this in mind when submitting visual images.
- You will begin with the Wantlist to capture your contact information, upload a .jpg or .png format headshot, and then allow you to specify scheduling preferences. Please fill out only ONE Wantlist. Once this is complete, you may proceed to the other proposal forms.
- Class Proposal Form allows you to describe your proposed class(es), specify teaching supplies needed, classification options, student supplies needed, and to upload one or two class visuals (only one is required).
- Student Supply Needs will be submitted as either a PDF (including the name of the class and the teacher’s name) or as a link to your website. Please have the supply list easy to find on your website and up to date.
- Class proposals are one class per submission. Submit as many as you like.
- Classes to be repeated from 2023 will require new submissions.
- Lecture Proposal Form allows you to describe your proposed lecture(s) and list your lecture fee for up to eight (8) lecture proposals per submission.
- Forum Proposal Form allows you to specify your needs for up to six (6) forum proposals per submission. Be sure to have your REQUIRED black & white, one-page, one-sided handout ready to upload with your proposal. Handouts should contain your name and contact information, SHOULD BE INSTRUCTIVE, and should not be blatant advertisements.
- Sampler Proposal Form allows you to specify your needs for up to four (4) sampler proposals per submission. Be sure to have your REQUIRED black & white, one-page, one-sided handout ready to upload with your proposal. Handouts should contain your name and contact information, SHOULD BE INSTRUCTIVE, and should not be blatant advertisements.
- Open Studios™ Form allows you to offer 4 session titles. These can be repeated if your schedule allows. Here, you do not have the option to go from Open Studios™ proposal to other types of proposals due to the later submission deadline of Open Studios™.
- Review your proposal carefully before you submit! You cannot access the proposal for changes after it has been submitted. You may use the save and resume button at the bottom of each form at any time if you find that you are not ready to submit. Once you have submitted your proposal, you will receive an immediate confirmation email containing all the information you entered. If you do not receive a confirmation email, your submission was not complete.
We so look forward to hearing from you and seeing your latest ideas! As always, we thank you for continuing to share your time, energy, excitement, and knowledge with our attendees. Successful classes depend on the talent and professionalism of our faculty. If you know someone else who might be a great addition to the International Quilt Festival faculty, please advise them to complete the proposal info and email me at JillB@Quilts.com
Thank you again for your enthusiasm and interest.
Click on the link below to read the Guidelines and begin the online submission process. We suggest you bookmark this link for your future reference.