Liability and Indemnification Agreement
LIABILITY, INDEMNIFICATION, USE AND WARRANTIES
You agree that to the maximum extent provided by law that, your attendance and participation, including that of your children and minors accompanying you in any International Quilt Market & Festival classes, lectures, tours or events (real or virtual) (collectively “Event”), paid for or not, is conditioned on your agreement to protect, defend, indemnify, and to save International Quilt Market & Festival, its employees, volunteers, contractors and the facility harmless from and against all claims, demands, and causes of action and to never make a claim for injury, loss or damage to you or your children and minors accompanying you against International Quilt Market & Festival, its employees, volunteers, contractors and the facility arising out of or related to attendance at or participation in International Quilt Market & Festival Events. By providing your email address on the enrollment form, you additionally give International Quilt Market & Festival permission to send periodic information to you concerning International Quilt Market & Festival projects. We will not share your email address with any other party.
The maximum aggregate liability of International Quilt Market & Festival, its employees, volunteers, contractors and the facility to you arising out of your attendance or participation in an Event for any claim in any way connected with, or arising from, the Event, whether in contract, tort, or otherwise (including any negligent act or omission), shall be limited to the amount paid by you to International Quilt Market & Festival.
By registering for International Quilt Market & Festival Events you agree not to sell, trade, transfer, or share your complimentary access link and/or code, unless such transfer is granted, in writing, by the International Quilt Market & Festival. By registering for a virtual event, you agree not to share, sell or trade your access. This agreement not to share includes but is not limited to a group viewing, to recording, or to broadcasting any of the audio or video of the virtual event. If International Quilt Market & Festival determines that you have violated this policy, International Quilt Market & Festival may cancel your access, retain any payments made by you, report you to law enforcement authorities, ban you from future virtual events and sue you.
International Quilt Market & Festival gives no warranties in respect of any aspect of the Event or any materials related thereto or offered at the Event and, to the fullest extent possible under the laws governing this agreement, disclaims all implied warranties, including but not limited to warranties of fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy, timeliness, and merchantability. The Event is provided on an “as-is” basis. The views, opinions, and positions expressed by the speakers, attendees, or sponsors at the Event are theirs alone and do not necessarily reflect the views, opinions, or positions of International Quilt Market & Festival or any employee thereof. Virtual Event makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, timeliness, suitability, or validity of any information presented by speakers, attendees, or sponsors at an International Quilt Market & Festival Event and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. International Quilt Market & Festival does not endorse, and expressly disclaims all liability relating to, any of the products or services provided by speakers, attendees, or sponsors.
Some additional considerations
In addition, you will also be added to the virtual event participant list for notifications of future virtual events.
How we collect personal Data that you give us
We may collect and process the following Personal Data:
Contact information, which you provide when corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our Site and when you report a problem with our Site. The information you give us may include your name, address, email address, phone number, financial information and/or credit card information.
Due payment information, including financial information such as credit/debit card and account numbers used to process your Virtual Event ticket registration and/or sponsorship payment.
Purchase information, relating to purchases of delegate passes and Virtual Event participation, either in person or via our Site. Purchase information will include financial information as well as information concerning the content and time of the purchase.
Personal data we collect from you.
With regard to each of your visits to the Site we will automatically collect the following information:
Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer or device to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
Information about your visit, including pages you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our customer service number; and Location information.
Personal Data we collect from others.
We may receive information about you from publicly available and third-party databases or services that provide information about business people that we believe will help us identify/provide products and services that may be of interest to you. We will obtain your consent before contacting you if required by the law of the country in which you are located.
We collect information that is sent to us automatically by your web browser and we may use this information to generate aggregate statistics about visitors to our Site, including, without limitation:
- IP addresses
- Browser type and plug-in details
- Device type (e.g., desktop, laptop, tablet, phone, etc.) Operating system
- Local time zone
We may use non-Personal Data for various business purposes such as providing customer service, fraud prevention, market research, and improving our Site. Please check your web browser if you want to learn what information your browser sends or how to change your settings.
How we use your Personal Data.
We will only process your Personal Data, including sharing it with third parties, where (1) you have provided your consent which can be withdrawn at any time, (2) the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party, (3) we are required by law, (4) processing is required to protect your vital interests or those of another person, or (5) processing is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate commercial interests, except where such interests are overridden by your rights and interests.
Personal Data that you give us.
We may use Personal Data that you provide directly to us for the following purposes:
- to carry out our obligations arising from your Virtual Event registration, or any other contract entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and Virtual Event registration services that you request from us;
- to organize Virtual Events that you have purchased or registered for, and to provide you with information, and other materials, relating to the content of the Virtual Event, the speakers, sponsors and other attendees;
- to provide our newsletter and other publications, provided you have given your consent;
- to respond to your questions and provide related Virtual Event registration services;
- to provide you with information about other Virtual Events, products and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased, provided you have not opted-out of receiving that information; to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about Virtual Events, products or services we feel may interest you, provided you have given your consent;
- to transfer your information as part of a merger or sale of the business; to notify you about changes to our Virtual Events; and
- to ensure that content from our Site is presented most effectively for you and your computer.
Information we collect about you
We will use Personal Data that we have collected about your use of our Site:
- to administer our Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our Site to ensure that content is presented most effectively for you and your computer; as part of our efforts to keep our Site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you; and
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Personal Data we receive from other sources
We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined Personal Data for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
When we share and who can access your Personal Data
We may share your Personal Data for the purposes described in this Notice with:
- a member of our group, partners, suppliers and sub-contractors, for the performance of obligations arising from your Virtual Event registration, or any other contract we enter into with them or you or to provide you with the information, products and Virtual Event registration services that you request from us;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of our Site by trusted third-party companies and individuals to help us provide, analyze, and improve the Site and our Virtual Event registration services (including but not limited to data storage, maintenance services, database management, web analytics and payment processing);
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your Personal Data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if International Quilt Market & Festival or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case Personal Data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
We will only transfer your Personal Data to trusted third-parties who provide sufficient guarantees in respect of the technical and organizational security measures governing the processing to be carried out and who can demonstrate a commitment to compliance with those measures.
Selling or renting your Personal Data
We will never sell or rent your Personal Data to third parties without your opt-in consent.
Although we use security measures to help protect your Personal Data against loss, misuse or unauthorized disclosure, we cannot guarantee the security of information transmitted to us over the internet.
- All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers.
- Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
- Transfer of Personal Data outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”) and international users.
We are headquartered in the United States. Your Personal Data may be accessed by us or transferred to us in the United States or to our affiliates, partners, merchants, or service providers who are located worldwide. If you are visiting our Site from outside the United States, be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed in the United States where our servers are located, and our central database is operated. By using our Service, you consent to any transfer of this information.
How long we store your Personal Data
We will store your Personal Data, in a form which permits us to identify you, for no longer than is necessary for the purpose for which the Personal Data is processed. We may retain and use your Personal Data as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements and rights, or if it is not technically reasonably feasible, to remove it. Consistent with these requirements, we will try to delete your Personal Data quickly upon request.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you with access to our Site. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you service, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. We maintain one or more databases to store your Personal Data and may keep such information indefinitely.
Where we store your personal data
The Personal Data that you provide to us is generally stored on servers located in the United States. If you are located in another jurisdiction, you should be aware that once your Personal Data is submitted through our Site, it will be transferred to our servers in the United States and that the United States currently does not have uniform data protection laws in place.
Cookies and Do Not Track policy
Links to third-party sites and services.
Our Sites may contain links to third-party websites, applications and services not operated by us. These links are provided as a service and do not imply any endorsement by us of the activities or content of these sites, applications or services nor any association with their operators. Company is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of any third-party including websites or services directly linked to our Service. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of any third-party site that you link from our Service.
Correction and removal
If any of the information that we have about you is incorrect, or you wish to have information (including Personal Data) removed from our records, you may do so by contacting us at email@example.com.
Additionally, if you prefer not to receive marketing messages from us, please let us know by clicking on the unsubscribe link within any marketing message that you receive, by sending a message to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your European rights
FOR EUROPEAN RESIDENTS ONLY. You have the right to ask us not to process your Personal Data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your Personal Data) if we intend to use your Personal Data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to opt out of such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your Personal Data. You can also exercise the right by contacting us using the Contact Us section on our Site.
Under European data protection law, in certain circumstances, you have the right to:
- Request access to your Personal Data. You may have the right to request access to any Personal Data we hold about you as well as related information, including the purposes for processing the Personal Data, the recipients or categories of recipients with whom the Personal Data has been shared, where possible, the period for which the Personal Data will be stored, the source of the Personal Data, and the existence of any automated decision making.
- Request correction of your Personal Data. You may have the right to obtain without undue delay the rectification of any inaccurate Personal Data we hold about you.
- Request erasure of your Personal Data. You may have the right to request that Personal Data held about you is deleted.
- Object to processing of your Personal Data. You may have the right to prevent or restrict processing of your Personal Data.
- Request restriction of processing your Personal Data/Request transfer of your Personal Data. You may have the right to request transfer of Personal Data directly to a third party where this is technically feasible.
Withdraw your consent
In addition, where you believe that International Quilt Market & Festival has not complied with its obligations under this Notice or European law, you have the right to make a complaint to an EU Data Protection Authority, such as the UK Information Commissioner’s Office.
You can exercise any of these rights by contacting us through our contact page.
Your Californian rights
FOR RESIDENTS OF CALIFORNIA ONLY. Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code requires select businesses to disclose policies relating to the sharing of certain categories of your Personal Data with third parties. If you reside in California and have provided your Personal Data to International Quilt Market & Festival, you may request information about our disclosures of certain categories of Personal data to third parties for direct marketing purposes. Such requests must be submitted to us at one of the following addresses: email@example.com.
International Quilt Market & Festival
Attn: Bob Ruggiero
7660 Woodway, Suite 550
Houston, TX 77063 USA